There are written documents from the beginning of the 19th Century about a choral school and a choir at the Chor an der St. Hedwigs-Kirche, consisting of boy and man voices. From when from it became a mixed choir of woman and man voices, is not well-known. According to the rank of the church, the choir became the Propstei choir, then Basilika choir; since 1930 it is the Chor der St. Hedwigs-Kathedrale Berlin (= CSHKB). After 1945 the choir became admitted by its numerous tours abroad, by record and broadcast recordings, as well as by co-operation with renowned conductors.
After 1961, the CSHKB, separated from its mother church by the wall, developed in the western part of the city. In the East part the church music at St. Hedwig was further-maintained since 1975 by a re-created CSHKB. The abolition of the division in 1989, made ir possible for the choir the back meditation on its task at the main church of the today's ore diocese. At least once in the month the CSHKB sings at the St. Hedwigs-Kathedrale. In addition the CSHKB dedicates itself to rehearsing and performance big choral works.